Do you feel you have found your voice on your blog?
So did I find my voice in my blog – Yes I did, I share my experience, my learning and what the world has taught me, to be where I am today. My post happen to be around my experiences, situations I have faced, books I have read. I try to recollect them and share with the community. I want to give back to the world, what it gave to me; obviously the better things.
These are simple yet powerful tips to keep your blog’s heart beating:
- Blog Category or Voice: Do you have a particular reason for starting your blog. People blog about photography, cooking tips, parenting, motivation and other stuff. So although this may sound implicit but it is very important for one to realize the sole motto why he is here, why am I writing the posts in the blog. Once you have a vision for your blog half of your battle is won.
- 1 % Rule: I read this a few months back and it is very motivating, just do 1% daily of your goal. This means at the end of the month you will achieve 30%. so in other words you can make 30 posts a month. Believe me this is possible, just give a try.
- Simple Sharing: Your post don’t need to be out of the world or a first time read for the world. Share what you know, what you have heard, what your Mom,Dad, Granny or Kid has told you or your experiences with them. Share a message from a video clip your friend has just shared on WhatsApp. You may find it trivial but there are many people out there for whom it will be a first time read, they will love it. So get rid of this belief – “I may be writing about trivial facts’. Share your experience of a book you read or a movie you saw recently, trust me people will love to read your summary and the way you have shown your interpretation skills. Be simple in writing your posts, you need not showcase your oxford dictionary skills and use the most complex words to leave your readers Google about it. Being simple will help you connect with others.
- Reading: One of the most important trait is to read what others are writing. Also indulge in reading stuff from other authors. This will help your creative imagination to divulge, you will gather more ways to coin your voice. I myself have some blogs which I follow and read their posts, then there is Paul Coelho – from Alchemist to Veronica decides to die. I also indulge in listening to music from hard rock to classical.
- Buy Time: This one is the toughest part. I am thankful to GOD that he has blessed everyone with 24 hours, rich, fat, slim or tall all human beings are having the same time boundary. It is how you plan your time, so be good in your planning and ask yourself when is the best time to do some scribbling in your post. Indeed I have to buy time from my wife, kid, office and friends to post. Morning hours works for me.
- Thoughts for a post: You might be having some fix time for your bog, however the best thoughts come to me at stranger times, when I am sipping a coffee in the evening, taking a bath or listening a song. Recollect your thoughts before posting, make a list of topics which came to your mind which you believe could make a good new post.
- Writing Prompts: Follow daily writing prompts, it will help you initially to write even in topics which are not comfortable. This brings us out of the comfort zone.
- Read what you write: Before you hit the Publish button or even after that read your post once, does it make an appeal to you. What you dot like to read, you shouldn’t expect others to read it.
- Be Happy: Be happy, chase your dreams and ambitions – what I want to convey is, create positive vibes by your post, talk about some skills, your photographic or your poetic side. There is a lot of negativity around. People are genuinely not interested to read about it, Be the happy person to post and soon you will be the catalyst to create a ripple of happiness like a stone thrown in still water creates ripples.
- Stop worrying: Stop thinking what will people think about me when they read my post. Start writing first and let others do the thinking. We should not worry about actions which are beyond our control. This is a single reason which is killing the dreams of millions – “The worlds biggest fear, what they will say my dear”. Bury your worries and be free from fear of others,, create trust in yourself and you wil be rocking not only in your blog but wherever you are.
So just get going and set your post rolling out.
Leave some words to let me know how did you find this post and share your views.
Happy Posting Month #NaBloPoMo